Monday, January 02, 2006

Friday, September 16, 2005: Le Voyeur Dans les Rues des Olymps

Dcfc0004So, I stayed at the office relatively late tonight (6pm) working on a memo for the judge, then went home to work on a short review for Film Comment, of the 7-DVD Unseen Cinema box set complied by Bruce Posner, et al.  More on that later.  But in the event, I spent more time in diarist-mode than critical-mode, and didn't make much headway on the review.  I'd promised to drop by the Mark to say hello to Carrie at about 1am (in time for a drink just before closing).  But by midnight I was ready for a break.  And decided to start with a beer at the Voyeur.  While there, I ran into Carrie (& Nicholas's) friend Bethany, who I'd met at the same place on Wednesday.  We had a nice chat about heartbreak, and the various cures thereof.  I took several pictures, but Bethany insisted I use this one.  And I aim to please.



Dcfc0005_1And when I finished my beer, I left for the Mark, where I watched Carrie work, nursing the mojito she recommended.  Not bad, though I think their more traditional drinks are better.  No pix inside, so here you see a self-portrait I made on returning home.  Solely in order to test the camera.  No, really.

No comments: