Friday, January 20, 2006

Sunday, November 6, 2005: Capitol Movies!

Dcfc0001_16Since we dropped off all the films for the Sunday night Cine-X program at the Capitol on Saturday, Sunday was actually pretty quiet.  Carrie and I did some more flyering.  And then we took it easy for a bit, before heading to the theater.  Here you see James, the festival director.  The program went remarkably smoothly, although the breaks between films were longer than I would have expected.  Still, that may have more to do with the booth setup than anything else.  I'm especially a fan of Xavier Laplae's I'm Bobby, which is even more brilliant than the description would lead you to believe.  The children obviously so believe in the story and the movie both that they make it feel almost real.  It's like a translated Indian version of Peggy & Fred in Hell.  And the whole theater was laughing.  Uncomfortably at times.
Dcfc0003_11Afterward, Carrie and I went out with Alain and Pam of 40 Frames.  To the Reef.  Again.  Hey, they liked it nearly as much as I do. 

No comments: