Friday, January 20, 2006

Picturing a Meme...

Ok, so here's perpetuating another meme from Arbitrary & Capricious.  A fun one, too.



Votesantarosa"Step 1: Go to Google Image Search and type in the city and state (or province) of the town where you grew up, without quotation marks. Then select the picture you like best from the first page of results and post it on your blog."  My answer: Santa Rosa, California.  And the picture?  Well, *koff* that's Santa Rosa, alright.  No wonder Hitchcock liked it so much...
P1010031"Step 2: do the same with the town where you currently reside."  My answer: Olympia, Washington.  The picture?  Well, I guess Skelly's in Olympia, because I can't pick the one he used.  No problem though, as I rather like this alternative.  Punker kegger, alright!



Brianfrye_1"Step 3: your name, first and last, without quotes."  My answer: Brian Frye, of course...  And hey, it's me!  Well, kindof, anyway.  Sure sounds like a fun guy: "Hello, my name is Brian Frye I live in Kingsport, TN. I have been metal detecting for almost 7 years. I enjoy metal detecting for jewlery, old coins, and civil war relics I also enjoy shallow water hunting. My favorite areas to hunt are, old home sites, churchs, schools, civil war sites, and beachs. Ive been detecting with a shadow X2 since 1998 and I recently purchased a Shadow X5 (Both made by Troy Custom Detectors). Ive put togeather some pictures of my finds, I hope you enjoy them!"  Old coins & civil war bullets -- hell, I'd collect those myself.  I've got a buffalo nickel floating around somewhere.  And some Confederate bills, too.  Certainly a better choice than the women's basketball coach from Minneapolis.  Or myself, for that matter.
200006"Step 4: your grandmother's name."  My answer: Gisela Strauss.  There's quite a few of them, apparently.  I like this the best, the organ grinder making for a wonderful old-world bingo tableau.



16"Step 5: your favorite food."  My answer: grilled swiss, bacon & tomato.  My result...  Oh my.  I mean, I can't not pick that one.  But it sure ain't what I think of.



Old_fashioned_store"Step 6: your favorite drink."  My answer: an old-fashioned, of course.  And I love the picture, of an old candy store, advertising Nassau Candy South, offering the "largest selection of Nostalgic Candy Available."  I for one wouldn't mind a good source for Sen-Sen.  Hard to find, but oh so good.



My_girlfriends_hair"Step 6: your favorite smell."  My answer: my girlfriend's hair.  Here's the result.  And it's another guy's answer to the same question in the same meme.  Weird.



Sweetcream"Step 7: your favorite song."  My answer: Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March, by the Box Tops.  The result is unrelated, if appropriate.  Unfortunately, I haven't got a blacklight.

No comments: