Monday, January 02, 2006

Thursday, September 14, 2005: The Walrus & The Carpenter Agree, Oysters Are Good, and Mighty Good For You

Img_0415_1So, another Thursday, another lunch at the farmer's market.  Carrie was pretty tired.  As was I.  So it was a quiet lunch.  Except for the unwittingly obnoxious mother-daughter couple who hung around for half an hour.  But they bought a bunch of whatnot, so I guess bellyaching is inappropriate.  A true creature of habit, I went with the oyster sandwich again.



Img_0420_1And when Carrie confirmed an appreciation of oysters, I figured they'd be good for dinner, too.  Here, my bicycle basket is loaded up with assorted produce, including a jar of fresh Puget Sound oysters, intended for dinner.  When I dropped them off at home, on the way back to work, I was happy to discover that my new camera had arrived!  Hi-fi pictures are on their way!



Img_0423When I got back to the office, I took this quick snap out the window.  So, here you see  downtown and the Port of Olympia from the Temple of Justice on the hill.  As well as the artificial lake, with a plaque for each Washington county spread around its perimeter.



Img_0425_1After work I went by Dumpster Values again, intending to get another pair of shoes for work.  Bridget suggested turquoise hightops.  But I opted for something marginally more traditional.



Dcfc0003Went home after work for dinner.  And immediately got to work with the new camera.  Here you see one of the first shots, Carrie waiting out my ploddingly methodical cookery.  I hope the improvement in image quality is readily apparent.  Unfortunately, my sadly deficient photographic skill more vigorously resists improvement.
Dcfc0005 After dinner, I headed off to Bridget's house, as we were convening the official Olympia Film Festival Cine-X Jury at 8pm.  We arrived before Bridget and Brian, just as Carrie's friend Sarah Williams (who Carrie calls "Squilly") got there.
Dcfc0006I caught Bridget unawares when she arrives.  Luckily she's got a good sense of humor.  She brought a mess of chips (in red, white & blue, at that!) and other snacks.  And we watched the lot of the submissions.  Which really didn't take all that long.  Voting was swift and merciless, and we pared the list down to a lean program.  Some of the submissions were (unintentionally!) hilarious.  No clues on which they were, confidentiality being at a premium.  But I still took the liberty of sharing them with Carrie.  Who seconded my assessment, with vigorous laughter.
Dcfc0008I leave you with an image of Brian, contemplating his selections for the all-night horror film component of the film festival.  Dilemma!

No comments: