Friday, January 20, 2006

Wednesday, November 2, 2005: Gridiron Griddle

Dcfc0002_5Our flight didn't leave until late Wednesday afternoon, so we took a walk down Bedford for lunch.  And to drop off a letter at Bruce McClure's house.  We stopped for breakfast at a Polish diner on the way, and I had pierogis.  Which I only seem to miss when I'm away from Greenpoint for awhile.  On the way back, we walked through McCarren Park.  A (high school?) football team was doing calisthenics of some kind.  And for some reason, there were several photographers (or people with SLR cameras, anyway) standing around near them, desultorily taking a picture every once in awhile.  I felt obliged to join in.
Dcfc0009_5And so I was dawdling, as usual.  Carrie reminded me we had a car on the way, and I picked up the pace. 

No comments: