Friday, January 20, 2006

Saturday, October 8, 2005: Playing the Mouth Organ

Dcfc0008_5Ok, so we started the morning at an absolutely fantastic breakfast place.  The name of which I forget.  But it's among Carrie's favorites.  And apparently owned by the same people who own Jake's, the gay bar on 4th Ave.  In any case, I got a truly fantastic biscuits & gravy.  But that's getting ahead of myself.  When we arrived, Eve was there with a friend (Chris, I believe...).  So we amended our solo breakfast plans to eat with them.  Which was a real pleasure.  I only remember Eve getting  Chicken Fried Steak, and working away at it far longer than one might consider possible.  Then claiming the remainder of my biscuits.  I was sort of tempted myself...  Anyway, it was a good, energy-building start.
Dcfc0011_2Good thing, because we were on to a mess of confusion at the fabric store.  Er, J-Ann.  Or something like that.  Over by Target.  The project was curtains for the studio and my apartment both.  And it was a trial.
Dcfc0014_1After a good deal of digging...
Dcfc0015_1...and looking about...
Dcfc0017_3...Carrie found a really nice fabric for the studio.  And it was even on discount.  My own efforts were *koff* less successful.  Though I did note that if the fabric I chose failed as a curtain, it would make a good muu-muu.  We made a couple of movies too, but the web-program can't handle 'em.  Sorry,
Dcfc0037So, after the fabric store, it was on to Goodwill.  Much more promising.  Carrie found a chintzy little table for the studio.  And we ran into a bunch of her friends!  Including CB (pictured).
Dcfc0039And Jim too.  They were looking for furniture.  And CB was feeling a little under the weather.
Dcfc0040_1I claimed the records.  And ginned up an all-harmonica Italian disc, a bagpipe record, and the best, a Neil Young live album.  Albeit seriously warped.  But, um, one song is worth one dollar.  Yep.
Dcfc0043Anyway, Carrie stole the camera, and staged way better pictures than I ever could.  Here she's doing the central american adventurer bit, I think.  But CB was feeling ill.  And we were in a hurry!  So off to the studio...
Dcfc0047Where we set up the curtains, and hung the mirror fragments.  Here's the concave one, which I suspended on the wall.  I rather liked the shape...
Dcfc0049_1And I caught Carrie, staring out the newly becurtained window...

No comments: