Monday, January 02, 2006

Monday, September 26, 2005: Lubrications vs. Legalisms

Dcfc0002Things were pretty busy at work today, because the judge wanted a memo
on Tuesday.  And after a full, solid day at the office, I needed to
relax a bit.  Even if  wasn't yet quite finished.  Or frankly, even
close.  And then I got some good news from Carrie.  She'd just secured a studio above Dumpster Values.  For a very good price.  At 7pm, I headed down to meet her for a drink at Le Voyeur.  And who was there but Jacob Sunday, who I failed to get a picture of at Bryan Connolly's birthday party.  I bought him a beer, and we made bar talk...
Dcfc0003_6...while Carrie talked to a photographer.  Whose name I didn't catch.  But he seemed very nice.  And had brought his portfolio, which Carrie was perusing.  After a couple drinks, Carrie and I headed out to get something to eat, as neither of us had.  Our destination was unclear when we left.  But Carrie was very excited to show me the new studio.  And we figured that something would turn up on the way there.
Dcfc0007_1And we ended up at Old School pizzeria.  Which serves a truly great slice of pizza.  As good as anything I had in NYC, actually.  As heretical as that sounds.  But Mikey confirmed.  So there it is.  And they have a nice selection of beers, including Olympia in cans.  Not to mention a huge collection of vintage '80s kitsch on the walls.  Lots of Star Wars, Bruce Lee, WWF, and so on.  Hence the moniker.
Dcfc0008_3On the way there we ran into Carrie's friend Lisa (pictured), who I failed to get a good picture of at the birthday party.  So here's a substitute.  Unfortunately, the camera died right after this shot.  So no pictures of the studio until later.  After a good look-see, we went home.  And then I got to work on a memo due the nest day.  Finished at 6am.  Yow.  Wasn't much use at work, beyond some research.  But I think the memo came out ok...

No comments: