Monday, January 02, 2006

Wednesday, September 28, 2005: Varanus komodensis al fresco

Dcfc0001_5So, now that Carrie's got the studio, we've got to furnish it.  Meaning a desk, chairs, &c.  And I need some things for my apartment, too.  One desk for writing and moviemaking both won't do it.  Carrie suggested Value Village in Lacey, which I hadn't visited yet.  It's basically a thrift-superstore, along the line of those in Chicago.  Still, I was pretty underwhelmed by the merchandise.  As Carrie said, Olympia is pretty well picked over.  I expect that's obvious from the rest of the pictures.  Still, I found a pair of pants and a shirt.  As well as 3 glasses, each emblazoned with an image of state and its major (er, quasi-major...) cities.  Which I really like.  And on reflection, the slacks and the golf shirt are pretty good.  So I guess not so terribly picked over after all.
Dcfc0007_3It was time for dinner (more or less), and we decided to go to Oyster House, where Sylvia took us.  Carrie had never been, and I'm always up for oysters.  And luckily, the half-shells are now in season.  So Carrie and I shared a dozen of her favorite local oysters, Kumamotos (which she consistently abbreviates as "Komodos," per the dinosaur-esque inhabitants of Indonesia.  And that's when Carrie remembered that Oysterfest was scheduled for the upcoming weekend in nearby Shelton.  We resolved to go on Sunday.  And went home to watch more episodes of Firefly.

No comments: