Friday, January 20, 2006

From Little Rascals to Rangoon...

Dcfc0011_5Christmas is approaching, so Carrie's casting about for appropriate presents.  Luckily, she's pretty good at it.  I suspect I'd be well-advised to retain her services in making my own selections.  The key recipient is her nephew Ethan, who we'll be visiting (among others) in Dallas over the Christmas holiday.  Hence, destination toy store.  On the way there, we ran into Justice Sanders's long-time administrative assistant Sylvia Campbell bustling down 5th Avenue on her way to the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.  Her daughter Kiki's a fairy (I think) in the Nutcracker, and was overdue for makeup and pictures.



Dcfc0013_11Anyway, after a bit of poking around, she settled on a couple of things.  I'd say what, but that'd spoil the surprise if Ethan's reading.  I hear he's precocious for one.  Myself, I got some "super-strong" refrigerator magnets made to look like push-pins.



Dcfc0002_9Ok, so fast forward a few days.  Carrie's has a hankering for awhile to visit the Asian market on the westside.  And it's high time for me to pay it a visit.  Carrie was hoping for one of the Japanese sodas with a marble for a stopper.  Too bad they didn't have any.  But I filled a bag with knick-knacks, including sesame oil and ginger candies, &c.



Dcfc0010_9Carrie got some Pocky, as you can see.  (Take the quiz here.  I didn't even qualify as a Pocky-proper, tarred as "Cap-Cap Ice Cream Cookies.").  But hunger compelled a visit to Wendy's.  Which I haven't visited for ages.



Dcfc0012_7My teeth still hurt, so I got a Frosty.  Not bad.  But I like the square hamburgers.  Round bun, square burger.  Ok.  Anyway, we used the drive-thru, which was the best part.  They've got a digital signs and so on now.  Never seen that before.  I made a little movie of the whole experience.  Which the girl at the window thought was pretty funny.

No comments: