Monday, January 02, 2006

September 8, 2005: More Movies, More Movies

Img_0270

I'm taking this as a sign that I'm finally settling in here. Rather than go out tonight, I set up all the movie equipment properly for the first time, and launched into working on the 6 rolls I brought back from China. The material is every bit as discouraging as the Fredericksburg film was the first time I looked at it. But that one turned out alright, so I've got hope yet. And the diving cormorants are really lovely. I just wish I would have had another roll. Thing that always amazes me is how quickly I forget that landscapes are always boring and useless. It's depressing to realize how much film you (I!) waste on obviously dull and hopeless subjects. The closer and smaller the better, every time...

Img_0271

Anyway, Hooper was characteristically unimpressed. At least she leaves the hanging strands of film alone now. Most of the time.

And wow, is my camera ever crummy!

No comments: