Friday, January 20, 2006

Saturday, November 5, 2005: Balkan Busy-ness

Dcfc0003_10After a long weekend catching up at work, we started the weekend as lazily as possible, with breakfast at Wagner's up the block from the apartment.  Pictured you see the "European Platter."  I suspect the designation was intentionally vague, as the only "European" I could associate it with is Bosnian.  Plasticky cheese and processed meat, with a roll.  Well.  Ain't French anyway.  Say what you like about France, but I know for damn sure I got better than this at a gas station there.  Caveat!  No criticism of Bosnia intended - it's got the most highly-developed pizza-cuisine in the world, I think.  First place I've ever seen the fried-egg pizza-pie.  And enjoyed it immensely!  So I suspect the cuisine is merely in hibernation, until the economy catches up...
Dcfc0004_12Expecting guests, we turned our attention to the cleanup.  A non-trivial matter, as evidenced by the accompanying illustration.  I did my best, and got close.  Hooper was unimpressed.
Dcfc0005_6Still, Carrie and I went out to dinner at the Reef.  Where we passed out fliers for the upcoming Cine-X shows, starting on Sunday.  And then trekked up and down Fourth Ave., passing out fliers, leaving them on counters, taping them in windows, and generally talking up the event...
Dcfc0006_6With winter approaching, it was drizzling nicely.  Fortunately, now I've got a raincoat.  Here I'm standing in Caffe Vita, wearing my birthday present.
Dcfc0008_8Arriving at home, I commisserated with my poor bicycle, still suffering from an old flat.  No temptation to ride a bike in the rain.  And you can see the leaves slowly gathering in the basket...

No comments: